Wednesday, September 16, 2009

Here, I Looked It Up

Behavioral Economics

From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia:

Behavioral economics and behavioral finance are closely related fields that have evolved to be a separate branch of economic and financial analysis which applies scientific research on human and social, cognitive and emotional factors to better understand economic decisions by consumers, borrowers, investors, and how they affect market prices, returns and the allocation of resources.

I stand by my original statement: Behavioral economics can only complicate matters, dragging economic thought further from a clear understanding of the problem.

I'm sure there are all sorts of valuable nuances in the field. Perhaps even some that I might find interesting. I don't care. I stand with Keynes, who said the problem is not in the superstructure, which has been erected with great care, but in the premisses. And yeah, Keynes spelled 'premises' with all those esses.

Art.

No comments: